Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bloggers Challenge #46




First of all I want to wish all you Mommy's out there a very, very Happy Mother's Day!!!! This weeks challenge was, what else...make a Mother's Day card...so here's mine. Not only did I get my Challnge card done, but it is EARLY!!! Woo Hoo!! I actually had it done last night! Yeah, Go ME!! Ok enough of that...I love this card, I love these stamps and I love the paper!!!!! The stamp set is Garden of Life from Papertrey Ink. These flowers are so fun, I just love this set! The Design paper is from the Pink Patterns set, card stock colors are Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush, all from PTI. The pearls are random pearls I had laying around. I used the Dragon Fly stamp from the Pond Pals set by Sweet & Sassy stamps. I stamped him on Vellum (by Stampin' Up!) cut out the wings and then used pearls for the body. Not sure if you can see it, but there are also 3 larger pearls on the right side of the card, to give it a bit of balance. I hope you like my card and thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend, and again, Happy Mother's Day!!

18 comments:

Chrissy D said...

This is so pretty! I love the 2 DP 's you used and the whole card is so pretty! The pearls are a beautiful accent too! TFS!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day card...one any mother would be tickled pink to receive! Great job!

Barb Hardeman said...

Tangii I think this is so beautiful. I love your images and the soft colors of your DSP. The pearls are so elegant. What a beautiful tribute to your mother. Happy Mother's Day to you...

Tammy Hershberger said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Vicki G said...

Tangi, this is So stunning. Such a pretty pretty Card.

Vicki

Lisa said...

Love this. I have GOT to get a bunch of the PTI stamps. Sigh...

Lisa Bohler said...

Super pretty, Tangi!

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty card! Love the soft colors.

Nikki Bond said...

This turned out gorgeous! I love that dragonfly in the corner...perfect mothers day card! {SMILES}

Pat Huntoon said...

What a gorgeous card! The dragonfly really caught my eye -- great touch.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love the popped up flower centers and the added pearls.

Basement Stamper said...

I love the little dragonfly, how creative to use the pearls as the body!!!

Basement Stamper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful! I just love how you mixed the patterned paper and this is such a lovely color combination! :D

Amy Caraluzzi said...

This is really pretty. Love all the pinks...and that dragonfly? Too cute!

tonistamps said...

OMG! I lvoe those colors and your designer papers! I especially like how you popped the flower centers out. Very nice card Tangii.

Lori said...

What a pretty, feminine card--perfect for Mother's Day. You did a great job combining the patterned papers, too.

LeAnne said...

What a gorgeous card! I wish I could get ALL the Papertrey sets!
LeAnne

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online