Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bloggers Challenge #46




First of all I want to wish all you Mommy's out there a very, very Happy Mother's Day!!!! This weeks challenge was, what else...make a Mother's Day card...so here's mine. Not only did I get my Challnge card done, but it is EARLY!!! Woo Hoo!! I actually had it done last night! Yeah, Go ME!! Ok enough of that...I love this card, I love these stamps and I love the paper!!!!! The stamp set is Garden of Life from Papertrey Ink. These flowers are so fun, I just love this set! The Design paper is from the Pink Patterns set, card stock colors are Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush, all from PTI. The pearls are random pearls I had laying around. I used the Dragon Fly stamp from the Pond Pals set by Sweet & Sassy stamps. I stamped him on Vellum (by Stampin' Up!) cut out the wings and then used pearls for the body. Not sure if you can see it, but there are also 3 larger pearls on the right side of the card, to give it a bit of balance. I hope you like my card and thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend, and again, Happy Mother's Day!!

18 comments:

Chrissy D said...

This is so pretty! I love the 2 DP 's you used and the whole card is so pretty! The pearls are a beautiful accent too! TFS!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day card...one any mother would be tickled pink to receive! Great job!

Barb Hardeman said...

Tangii I think this is so beautiful. I love your images and the soft colors of your DSP. The pearls are so elegant. What a beautiful tribute to your mother. Happy Mother's Day to you...

Tammy Hershberger said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Tangi, this is So stunning. Such a pretty pretty Card.

Vicki

Lisa said...

Love this. I have GOT to get a bunch of the PTI stamps. Sigh...

Lisa Bohler said...

Super pretty, Tangi!

Connie said...

Very pretty card! Love the soft colors.

Nikki Bond said...

This turned out gorgeous! I love that dragonfly in the corner...perfect mothers day card! {SMILES}

Pat Huntoon said...

What a gorgeous card! The dragonfly really caught my eye -- great touch.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love the popped up flower centers and the added pearls.

Basement Stamper said...

I love the little dragonfly, how creative to use the pearls as the body!!!

Basement Stamper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KimberlyG said...

This is beautiful! I just love how you mixed the patterned paper and this is such a lovely color combination! :D

amycara said...

This is really pretty. Love all the pinks...and that dragonfly? Too cute!

tonistamps said...

OMG! I lvoe those colors and your designer papers! I especially like how you popped the flower centers out. Very nice card Tangii.

Lori said...

What a pretty, feminine card--perfect for Mother's Day. You did a great job combining the patterned papers, too.

LeAnne said...

What a gorgeous card! I wish I could get ALL the Papertrey sets!
LeAnne

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online