Saturday, October 4, 2008

Marge & some very old buttons...

What a great day today is so far!!! My girlfriend who owns a Salon, every year does a "Haircut day' and the proceeds of all haircuts goes to the Susan G Komen foundation (awesome event). So today I went, got a great haircut and contributed to a wonderful cause which always makes us feel good! On top of that the weather here is just perfect for a Pajama/stamping/rent a movie/have a big bowl of chili kind of day!! Life doesn't get much better!!!!

LeAnne (if you go to her blog she is also giving away some blog candy) gave us an Embellishment challenge to use at least 5 buttons and some ribbon (this was for my Bellaholics Anonomous group), so I pulled out my Marge stamp from Stamping Bella and my big ol' tin of buttons from my Great Gramma...and voila! I really love this card! How fun it was to play with those old buttons of Gramma's. There are even some old patterns and Embroidery transfers in there....so cool!! I just love looking at old buttons, and running your fingers through them...if that doesn't make the memories just come gushing through... I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Supplies:
Stamps: Marge (Stamping Bella), Sentiment from One of a Kind set by Stampin Up
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Basic Gray dsp; Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Pimpkin Pie cardstocks
Accessories: Gramm's old buttons, Brown satin ribbon from PTI

8 comments:

stampingtink said...

So cute! I love Marge! And I really love your layout.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fun card! Great design! :D

Debby said...

Tangi I love your card. Super duper cute. It mist be cold, windy and rainy there today. That's what we have here in Seattle. Stayed in and got a few things done finally!

Lynn Put said...

This is a really cute card! Love this image and the buttons look perfect!

Christi Flores said...

How cute is this?! I love it!!!!

LeAnne said...

ohhh, I just love Marge, don't get to see enough of her. Great card, thanks for playing.

Meli Palmer said...

TOO CUTE! Fab job girl!

Felicia said...

Great layout and I think the buttons are perfect for your card!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online