Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Christmas Prezzie for Gramma

I took a break from my 'Thomas Kinkade card making' to make this altered clipboard as a gift for my Gramma! The red check paper matches her room where I'm guessing she'd put this (the 'Utility Room/Computer Room'). The calendar and notepad came as a set in the 'Dollar Area' at Michaels, Gramma loves chocolate, so these have M&M's on them! The sentiment is from Verve Visual Starlight Starbright set: I stamped the background stars in Morning Marigold by Stampin Up! and then stamped the phrase right on top of it in Cranberry Crisp (these also fit perfectly in the oval punch by SU!). The clip is for holding a picture or something, I'll put a little note in it for her! The 3 red buttons above the note pad came from a big tin full of buttons that my Gramma gave me years ago (I just LOVE old buttons), some of these were from her collection and some were from my Great Gramma's collection...I thought they were perfect! The colors even matched perfectly!! The gold flowers are Primas. The Gold ribbon is from Michaels. This was a real mish-mash of what I found in my stashes, but I really love the way it came together and I hope Gramma loves it too!!! My Gramma & Grampa used to make my hubby & I something every year for Christmas (Grampa would work on 1 part and Gramma would work on the other and the gift was for Jeff & I), I really miss looking forward to our "homemade gift" now, but I really enjoy making things for my Gramma & my parents...maybe this can be my way of carrying on that 'tradition' (for lack of a better word). Sorry for the sentimental mush, but it is that time of year! I hope you all cherish every moment this holiday with your loved ones!!

1 comment:

Firenze said...

What a great idea for a clipboard - I'll definitely be making one of these for my mom and MIL as they are always putting notes to themselves all over the place - now it can be in just one spot!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online