Friday, March 7, 2008

Bloggers Challenge #37...



Anything but a Rectangle...that was this weeks challenge. I made the circle card last night, but wasn't very happy with it...it was missing something, so tonight I took it apart and put the scallops around the Chocolate Chip base, it made a difference, but I still was super happy with it so I tried another one. I like this square card, but I'll be much happier when my "mojo" (as I've heard many of you call it) returns!! I'm thinking it ran away from home because of all the sick germs that have invaded my house for the last 2 weeks! Ok, back to card stuff...
The circle card: All supplies for this card are from Stampin Up! I was determined to use my So Much set (free from Regionals :) ), so I stamped the circle in Chocolate Chip ink on Bashful Blue cs. It still needed something because the cs circle was 4" (so it would make a 4 1/4" circle card) so I paper pierced a border between the circle and the edge of the cs (I had to make my own template in Word for this, if anyone has an easier way to paper pierce circles please post a comment here, I'd love to hear it!!. The sentiment in the middle is stamped in Basic Black Craft ink and with Iridescent Ice ep. The Flowers were stamped in Versamark on Groovy Guava, then stamped with Chocolate Chip for the detail. There is a Vintage Brad (forgot the color name) brad in the center of each flower. Two of them are mounted with Pop Dots, the other is flat on the BB cs. I punched 2 holes at the top and laced some Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon through. There is also 2 pieces of the Taffeta ribbon stapled towards the bottom. The scallops on the base were made with my Corner Rounder.
The square card: All supplies for this card are from Stampin Up! This was fun to make. The waffle patter was made using my Bone Folder and my SU! Cutter. I got the idea from this tutorial by Gina K. The stamp is from the Merci kit, I colored it in with my Copic markers (ok, so these are NOT by SU!, sorry), added a Rhinestone brad to the center of the flower and 2 small silver brads to the bottom corner. The ribbon slide is from the new Sterling Silver hardware set. The "Joy" is one of the new SU! rubons. I like the simplicity of this card!
Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
P.S. If you find my MOJO, please send it back home, I really, really miss it!!! :)

17 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

having a bit of a problem with blogger this morning...

Wow, both cards are fabulous. I especially like the browns/gjava colors togehter. Great job.

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty! Love all the shades of blue on the sqaure card! The guava and brown one is a perfect color combo too! Great job! {SMILES}

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Great cards but I L-O-V-E your square card! It has all my favorite elements: hearts, scallops, rhinestones...I think I'll be CASEing this soon!

Courtney said...

Way to think outside the rectangle!

Too clever!

Leigh OBrien said...

Cute...I love the chocolate, blue, guava color combo...might have to try that today!

Barb Hardeman said...

You did a wonderful job Tangii. I love the circle card, but then I'm a blue and brown kind of gal. That's a great new stamp set.

Ida said...

Nothing wrong with either of these cards. I love the blue square card (blue is my favorite color) and how you scored it. I also like the circle pattern stamped on the scalloped card. Nicely done.

Claudia Perry said...

I think your circle card is just perfect - there is nothing missing. It looks great! And I love the colors!

Lila H said...

I really like both of your "anything but a rectangle" card samples!! great job!

Amber Porter said...

They are both cute cards, Tangii!! Love those scallops!!

Stefanie said...

Great cards Tangii! I especially like the circle card. You actually made me want the "So Much" set that always looked horrible to me in the catalog.

Anonymous said...

Great cards! Love the "waffling" on the square card.

Lisa Bohler said...

I like the circle card! Especially that you combined the So Much stamp set with Embrace Life! I understand what you mean about losing your mojo, though...been there done that!

Anonymous said...

Both cards turned out very nice. Love the waffle pattern and the scallops. Great job on both!

Amanda said...

Super cards! I love the square one with all the scallops! Adorable!

Janette said...

Hi Tangii,

I dont know about losing your mojo...these cards are FAB...I am especially loving the circle card....that is awesome
well done you :)
Hugs
Janette x

Lori said...

Love how you used the So Much set on your circle card (got it at regionals, too, and haven't touched it since . . .). The grid on the square card is so elegant looking.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online